I recently spent 12 days in LA. Those 12 days were chalk full of experience and I’d like to share my top 10:
1. Waking up to this view:
2. Driving around a rental car with Colorado plates and having people scream “Sorry.” Apparently the Broncos were a big disappointment…football…you lost me.
3. Having to tell how my male roommate once sat me down to explain vaginas come in various shapes and sizes, in a pitch meeting.
4. Being hired to write film.
5. Finding a lit agent.
6. Venting about working in a restaurant TRANSFORMED from mere venting with a dash of sarcasm, to a pitch. I got to show around the WATER WITH LEMON bible:
7. Going to an improv show with a friend to watch a guy perform, who once almost ripped her boob off during an attempt at being sexy. Tweaking turned scary.
8. Staying with a friend who called me out for having to go into the shower to brainstorm. It’s where I do my best work.
9. Ordering a menu item with the word “Magical.” Thank you Cafe Gratitude.
10. Spending two weeks in a household with a cat that snores.